What Are Tether Betting Sites?
Tether betting sites are sportsbooks which accept Tether. One of the world’s first asset-backed stablecoins, Tether (USDT) was launched in 2014. It is owned by the Bitfinex Hong Kong-based company, and as a stablecoin, it is pegged to the US Dollar. In short, it’s not as volatile as Bitcoin, with its rate going 1:1 with USD.
Due to its decentralized nature, it has quickly become favorite for sports betting. Unlike banks or credit/debit cards which aren’t always great for online playing, Tether is a decentralized asset that doesn’t concern itself with third parties. In short, if your bank hates sportsbooks and doesn’t allow you to use your account, you can bypass it all thanks to Tether. As a stablecoin, you won’t lose as much value as you might with Bitcoin, while enjoying all of the benefits of cryptocurrencies.
Of course, not all bookies accept Tether, for whaterver reasons. However, punters love the fact that they’re not losing value while betting with Tether. Tether is stable at $1, meaning you don’t suffer from Bitcoin’s volatile price range. With interest in crypto and stablecoin increasing, it was only a matter of time before the world saw the first Tether betting platform.
Dozens of others followed, making it one of the most popular cryptocurrencies to use at online sportsbooks.
Is Tether Betting Legit?
If you pick the right betting sites, then yes, it is legit. What you need to know is that not all sportsbooks are the same. There are still many scam sites out there, and the fact that cryptocurrencies are globally illegal plays into their strengths. In short, they can hack your crypto wallet unless settle for the right crypto accepting sportsbooks.
That’s where we come in. We’ve done deep research of the market and compiled a list of the top sites. You can pick any from this page and bet with Tether with your mind at ease. There’s the question of cryptocurrencies being legal in your jurisdiction, but most players can use an offshore Tether betting platform to freely bypass the laws.
Tether gives you freedom to bet legally when your jurisdiction or payment provider don’t. You still need to learn the advantages of the Tether betting platform which has numerous advantages over regular sportsbooks.
How Does a Tether Betting Platform Work?
As mentioned earlier, Tether falls under the category of stablecoins. It is pegged to the US Dollar and its price is always a stable $1. It has great liquidity features unlike other cryptocurrencies and can get in and out of the crypto market without losing its value. That, along with the fact that it’s not tied in red tape that includes banks and financial regulators, makes it a perfect fit for online sports betting.
Tether betting sites have quickly learned that adding it to their list of payment methods will result in thousands of new punters. Unlike other cryptocurrencies that are purely digital, all Tether coins are held in real money in the reserve system. It works by converting real money into digital currency while restricting the value of the fiat currency used. It’s an excellent alternative to the traditional finance system, and allows punters to bypass any silly laws in their jurisdictions.
Many experts have called it the future of cryptocurrency, and it seems that it might be the future of sports betting too.
What Should I Do Before I Start Betting at Tether Sportsbooks?
Before you start betting with Tether, you will need to buy some. You can’t go into a regular exchange and get USDT coins, so you must use a cryptocurrency exchange. Then you need to store your new Tether coins into a crypto wallet which should be easy considering all reputable ones have their own for free.
It’s not as easy as making a bank or credit card payment, but the process is still effortless once you try it. Here’s a step-by-step guide for new punters:
- Register and log-in at a reputable exchange
- Deposit funds
- Swap the funds for Tether
- Deposit your USDT coins to the sportsbook of your choice
- Start playing!
As soon as USDT lands in your wallet, you’re good to go. Subsequent deposits will be almost an automatic process. You also get to benefit from relatively low fees, although the biggest benefit is being able to bypass banks or any financial institutions.
Benefits of Betting with Tether
Cryptocurrencies have one big advantage over traditional payment options — their decentralized nature. That’s the one thing most punters love. DeFi, or short for decentralized finance, severs the ties between the payment provider and casino. In short, there’s no middle men involved, and that cuts back on fees, transaction times, and paves the way for easier casino play.
- Fees are one of the top benefits of using Tether. While each transaction comes at a price, it’s almost non-existent, unlike what credit card payment operators might charge.
- You can use Tether to deposit for almost free and withdraw money the same way. It’s a much more convenient option, not to mention faster than any fiat money payment method.
- Did you know that Tether is built on a technology that prevents failed deposits? Each transaction is quickly and securely recorded on the blockchain, guaranteeing safe and fast transfer of funds.
- Compared to fiat money payment methods, crypto bonuses and promotions have a much better value. They’re often way bigger than standard bonus offers, and with almost no processing fees, their value is sky-high.
- Tether is the perfect choice for anyone who wants to enjoy the benefits of cryptos, but without Bitcoin’s crazy volatility. It’s being touted as the coin of the future, which may have much more longevity than traditional cryptos.
- The biggest benefit of them all when using Tether in betting sites are the anonymous transactions. You don’t have to share your banking details when making a USDT deposit at bookies such as Stake. That makes it far more secure than any other payment method, and a highly recommended one for everyone looking to keep their details safe.
Tether Betting Platform vs. Traditional Sportsbooks
What are the differences between Tether and conventional bookies? Well, as we said, Tether sites are easy to join and anonymous. The latter part is the huge draw for new and seasoned punters. Plus, the often accept both regularmoney and cryptocurrencies, as opposed to traditional betting sites which go with fiat only.
Tether betting sites are much more secure. You won’t be sharing any personal data when you join and start betting. This has become a priority for many punters as governments and banks oppose sports betting online.
Other than that, you won’t find many big differences between these sportsbooks. The odds will vary depending on your pick, and you can expect different markets, but in essence, everything else is the same.
Tether Sports Betting Deposits and Withdrawals
Unlike fiat money deposits and withdrawals, betting online with cryptocurrencies is a tad bit more complex. But only in the beginning. As soon as you buy your first coins and put them in a crypto wallet, you’ll have no trouble sending them in and out of sportsbooks later. Tether betting sites even have guides on how to make fund your account, so you shouldn’t be worried at all.
As a matter of fact, deposits and withdrawals with cryptocurrencies may be easier than fiat money transactions. No fees are charged at all, and you do it all by scanning QR codes, which transfers the coins in and out of your wallet. Tether is a champ when it comes to these transactions. Its platform is reliable and safe to use, and the transaction times beat most of the competition.
How to Make a Tether Sportsbook Deposit
- Before you start betting with Bitcoin, you need to buy coins from a reputable exchange. Choose a trusted site and buy the coins with a card or any other available option.
- Now that you have the coins ready, they will immediately be stored in a crypto wallet. The most reputable cryptocurrency exchanges have their own free of charge, so unless you like to use another or a hardware wallet, you can use that one.
- Select the deposit address in your wallet and copy it to the bookie’s address after entering the desired amount. If you have a Tether betting app, this is often done by scanning a QR code which significantly cuts down the time.
- When you’re satisfied, you click on Deposit and the process will be completed right away. Sometimes, though, it might take a few minutes, but overall, you won’t wait for long to start betting with Tether.
How to Withdraw Winnings with Tether
- Withdrawing money from Tether betting sites shouldn’t be more complicated than making a deposit. It is done on the Cashier or Payments page too, but this time you select the Withdrawal tab.
- Now you pick the Withdrawal address in your crypto wallet. The process is the same — either verify everything by scanning the QR code or copy and paste the address.
- Make sure your account has a withdrawable balance. When ready, enter the desired amount and click on Withdraw.
- Tether betting withdrawal times are usually instant after approval, which can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days depending on the bookie.
How We Choose the Best Tether Betting Sites
Choosing the Tether betting sites on this page may seem easy, but that’s not the case. Our expert team leaves no stone unturned when reviewing aby betting site. Obviously, accepting Tether is the primary requirement, but there are also other factors that play a big part in our reviews. If you want to see how the process goes, continue reading below.
- License: you won’t find Tether sportsbooks licensed by the UKGC, so most of the sportsbooks that accept it have a Curacao license. This governing body is more liberal when it comes to cryptocurrencies, and it’s widely regarded as one of the top in the industry. We never review or rate sportsbooks without a license, or those who promise it’ll come later. They never do, and we want you to join reputable sites only.
- Tether bonuses and promotions: it’s always a good thing to see a Tether sportsbook having dozens of different bonuses and promotions. Don’t underestimate their value. With a good free bet or welcome bonus you can do a lot, but only if the terms are fair. Our recommended Tether sportsbooks keep it fair, giving you a chance to unlock the full potential of Tether bonuses and promotions which are bigger than fiat money promotions.
- Variety of payment methods: Tether is a must when reviewing these sportsbooks, but a good betting site should also have other fiat money and cryptocurrencies on offer. You may think about changing your preferred payment method, so why not have the option to do so?
- Transaction times: transaction times must be instant — no compromise about it. Some sites unfairly drag the withdrawal process, and no one likes to see that happen. All the Tether betting sites on this page process withdrawals pretty quickly, and after that, Tether’s system finishes instantly.
- Customer support: since Tether is a relatively new payment addition to betting sites, you might have plenty of questions about it. The best Tether sportsbooks should have agents ready to step in when needed, with 24/7 support over email and live chat at the very least.
- Reputation: we always check the reputation of each Tether betting site. Our team reads real user reviews online and compares them to our own thoughts to see if they align. If something’s off, we’ll know it and warn you about a particular bookmaker.
Tether Betting App
It’s no surprise at all that punters prefer betting on their phones these days. Tether sportsbooks know this pretty well, and for that reason, many of them have developer native apps. But, even if a Tether betting site doesn’t have an app, it will surely have a mobile-optimized website which works on any mobile browser running on Android and iOS devices.
Whether your favorite Tether sportsbook has an app or a mobile website doesn’t matter. Both give you a chance to bet on your favorite sports anytime and anywhere. All you need to do is download and install an app, or simply access the website from a mobile browser. No special hardware is required, and neither does the screen size matter.
Even better, the sportsbook may give you exclusive freebies for betting on your mobile phone. They love to give out bonuses that boost their mobile presence, and bonuses are the perfect way to do so.
Tether Betting Bonuses
What kind of bonuses and promotions can you earn at Tether betting sites? Everything you can get on regular desktop betting pages and more. Among the available bonuses are welcome free bets and bonuses, deposit and no deposit offers, event-specific promotions, and more.
The welcome bonus is the first offer you’ll come across at Tether betting sites. Many will offer a 100% first deposit boost, while others will stick to a welcome free bet. Either way, if the terms are good, this is an unmissable offer.
The best welcome free bets will be non-cashable, but free to use. In case of a welcome first deposit bonus, it will most likely need to be wagered a certain number of times before you can withdraw it. Make sure to read the terms in full before you get whatever’s on offer.
Free bets are the absolute most popular type of bonus in Tether sportsbooks. Betting sites give them out in bunches because they’re non-cashable. But, you can still win money with them, even though the free bet will be deducted from the amount you want to withdraw. Welcome free bets are very popular among bookies these days. You might also get free bets for specific sports and events, or as a reward for betting on a special match. They might be smaller than a deposit bonus, but are still a great way to win real money, and the closest possible thing to a free play bonus at Tether betting sites.
Deposit bonuses are pretty easy to understand — you make a deposit, you get a deposit bonus on top. It can cover 100% as in a welcome offer or less for further deposits. Always read the terms and conditions of these offers, as the devil often hides in the details.
Boosted odds and best odds guaranteed are the perfect examples of event-specific promotions. The former are available on the biggest football matches, while the latter are available on the top horse races. Either way they often have much looser terms than deposit bonuses or free bets, and are a great pick for all players.
Tether betting sites are here to stay. They’re a great option for everyone who wants to enjoy the benefits of cryptocurrencies, but without the unstable prices. As a cryptocurrency pegged to the US Dollar, it’s an option for both fiat money and crypto fans. You don’t lose a lot of value when using it, and Tether betting sites are getting increasingly more popular.
If you’d like to take a leap straight into the future, Tether’s the best ride. Join any of the Tether sportsbooks on this page and you’ll enjoy a remarkable betting experience with great odds and bonus offers.
Yes, they are. Well, at least the ones on this page are. We always review only licensed and regulated sportsbooks where you don’t have to worry about your safety.
In the same way as you bet with any other cryptocurrency. You will first need to buy USDT from a reputable exchange, but once that’s done, you can easily transfer it from your wallet to the sportsbook and vice-versa. This is usually done by scanning QR codes that make the transaction much easier.
Anything you can set your mind to. Football betting is popular around the world, and you can bet with Tether on it. You can also bet on basketball, baseball, horse racing, Esports, and more — it depends on what the bookie offers.
Yes, it is. Stablecoins like it are trying to solve the biggest Bitcoin problem — the unstable price. By eliminating the volatility thanks to the 1:1 rate with the USD, you can bet with fiat money value and won’t lose a cent in value.
Absolutely. Tether itself is 100% safe and anonymous since you’re not sharing any personal or financial details. Choose a reputable and safe Tether betting site, and you can rest assured your coins will be safe and sound.
Yes, you can. The great thing about crypto bonuses is that they’re bigger than a regular fiat money offer. In terms of bonuses you can get, expect free bets, welcome bonuses, deposit bonuses, and more.
Yes, it is. Tether is always priced $1, so it’s not volatile like Bitcoin, Ethereum, or any other cryptocurrency.