- Licensed in Malta and UK
- Pulse bet & Fast Markets
- 96%+ on NBA and EPL
- Quick withdrawals
Mr Play Sports Review
Mr Play is one of the most popular online gambling brands established a few years ago in 2019 by a group of experienced veterans whose primary intention was to 'shake a few things up in the market and come up with something new.' Today, Mr Play appeals primarily to young British gamblers, providing a fun and rich experience with their entertaining brand.
Review results Mr. Play
- Sports betting
- Payment methods
With more than a decade of combined sportsbook and online casino experience, Mr Play Sport has tirelessly worked to ensure they provide their UK customers with a smooth and professional gaming experience. After Mr Play's fantastic run and popularity among casino players in the UK, they extended their offering to feature online sports betting.
But is Mr Play in the same calibre as several established names in the United Kingdom betting space? What do they have to offer that you can't find anywhere else? Read this in-depth and unbiased review of Mr Play UK, where we look at all you need to know about this bookmaker.
Mr Play Sportsbook is one of the newest online bookmakers in the UK, falling under the ownership and operations of MarketPlay Limited. The firm offers a sportsbook, an online casino, and virtual sports, meaning that you get the assurance of a complete package at Mr Play.
It, therefore, means that at Mr Play, you can wager on sports such as football, rugby, cricket, and tennis, to mention a few, play some of the best casino games, and even try several virtual sports without having to go anywhere else.
In this review, though, our primary focus is on the sportsbook, where we look at everything from login to available banking options to customer support and the site's safety, to mention a few.
Mr Play's registration process is quick and easy. You can complete your signup here in less than five minutes if you are fast enough. Here's how to go about registering for a betting account at Mr Play:
- Open Mr Play's official website at www.mrplay.com;
- Find the "Open Account" blue button in the top right of your screen and click on it to begin the registration process;
- Enter your email, username, and passcode;
- Once you complete the above step, you'll now have to enter additional details that include your first name and surname, gender, date of birth, the currency you prefer, address, city, zip/postcode, and your mobile number;
- Finally, click on the "Open Account" icon to place your bets.
You need to note that you won't be able to place bets at Mr Play until they verify your account. Our review established that Mr Play requires proof of customer ID and address. You can do this by uploading the required documents, and once they verify them, you can now get started.
From a young-and-upcoming bookmaker, Mr Play offers customers a massive range of sports to wager on, football seemingly taking the lion's share. UK punters who love to wager on football will be pleased to learn that this bookie accepts bets on all football leagues in the United Kingdom. Besides football, you can wager on the following sports at Mr Play Sport:
- Horse racing
- Formula 1
- Table Tennis
- American Football
Mr Play's bookmaking site prides itself in having at least something for every player. Here, you can wager on several betting options, such as Goals, Players, Halves, Corners, Cards, and Specials, to mention a few. Other bet types available here include single bets, accumulators, simple, and combo bets.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Mr Play
Mr Play is a fantastic bookie serving plenty of punters in the UK. Since opening doors for business in 2019, they haven't looked back, continuing to offer their customers an excellent online sports betting experience. Since they ventured into online sports betting, Mr Play has been working to ensure they are among the top-class sports betting sites.
While playing at Mr Play, you'll enjoy certain benefits and notice a few disappointing areas that require improvements. The following sections highlight the pros and cons of Mr Play Sport you need to know. First, the advantages.
- Availability of cash-out option – We've all been there while engaging in sports betting. At times, the team or player you backed seem to be on their way to victory, but you get a feeling that things might change and they can't handle the piling pressure. What do you do? Fortunately, Mr Play allows you to remove or cash out part of your winnings with the cash-out feature instead of losing everything.
- Play Boost – As a punter, there's nothing more satisfying than having to increase your winnings while betting. Besides cash out, Mr Play offers customers Play Boosts, where you can win up to 77% or more on ACCA bets.
- Player Props – Another significant advantage you can enjoy while wagering at Mr Play is a chance to wager on a specific player. Here, you can wager on the performance of the player based on total shots, total tackles, shots on goals, and so much more.
- Pulse Betting – Mr Play's Pulse Betting allows you to make instant bets from 30 seconds to around 10 minutes.
- Attentive customer support – Mr Play runs a very dedicated customer support department with friendly, professional and knowledgeable support reps ready to assist customers. You can reach the support reps via several efficient contact channels for assistance should you encounter difficulties.
- Lack of a Bet Builder – Sometimes, you may want to create a unique bet unavailable on the site. You can do this by utilising a Bet Builder. Unfortunately, by the time of writing, we noticed that Mr Play lacks a Bet Builder feature. However, Mr Play Sportsbook is still fresh, and chances are that they will have this feature soon.
- No Live Streaming – Another area where Mr Play scores low marks is the absence of live streaming. It means that you cannot be able to watch your favourite team(s), a player, or a horse live in action. But again, live streaming calls for a significant investment, and since Mr Play Sportsbook is still new in the industry, they might soon have this feature.
The average overall payoff on pre-match wagers on Mr Play is 94%+. However, on bets on the English Premier League and the NBA, this rate rises to 96%+, while wagers on the other top football and basketball leagues have an average payout rate.
The daily number of events in the in-play sector exceeds a thousand, and the total payout percentage is below average (92%+), though it may reach 93%+ during the Premier League. Several sports are offered, including handball, darts, and volleyball, but football is - as one might think - the one taking centre stage.
However, compared to other bookies on the same level, we can confidently say that Mr Play has some of the best payout percentages. And this is despite being just five years old in the UK's sports betting space.
Deposit & Withdrawal Methods
In terms of deposits and withdrawals, Mr Play Sports support most payment options that customers can use. These include debit and credit cards, pre-paid cards such PaySafeCard, and e-wallet solutions such as Neteller, Skrill, and PayPal.
If you visit Mr Play's banking section, you'll notice the availability of many payment options in several other currencies. However, for some reason, those offering GBP tend to be quite limited here.
While you have the freedom to use other options in different currencies, we were hoping to find a wider variety of payment options in Sterling, as you'll avoid unnecessary conversion charges. Notably absent for UK punters is the choice of Bank Transfers in GBP. But with the available primary selection, most UK players won't have trouble finding a convenient method.
Mr Play's maximum monthly withdrawal is £7,000, with withdrawals for winnings here capped at £90,000. For withdrawals, you may have to wait 3-5 days for card payments, up to 7 days for bank transfers, but only up to 24 hours for e-wallets.
By the time of writing, the minimum deposit amount at Mr Play stood at £10. And regardless of your payment option, you won't incur any fees when depositing or withdrawing from Mr Play.
We've noted that most punters, especially those from the UK, would consider the odds of a betting site before signing up with them. In terms of odds, though, Mr Play has some of the best odds around. Even though we can't equate them to the odds offered by several big names in the industry, their betting odds are pretty good.
Of course, determining a sportsbook's overround is a necessary step in any analysis. You can quickly and easily determine how much value there is in a particular bookmaker's markets by knowing the overround.
It's important to remember that the odds and return decrease as the overround increases. In online sports gambling, anything less than 110% is typically acceptable. We looked further at Table tennis, ATP tennis, and Premier League matches, and all yielded 105.55%, 105.56%, and 108.9%, respectively.
All the above percentages are below the 110% threshold, demonstrating that Mr Play's chances are reasonable and competitive. Additionally, depending on your preference, you can read and use Mr Play's odds in different formats, including American, decimal, and fractional.
At Mr Play Sportsbook, new punters that register for a betting account stand to claim a welcome offer of £10, but only if they deposit £10 or more. You'll have to make your initial deposit and wager £10 at minimum odds of 1/1 (2.00) to receive your token.
However, there are several terms and conditions of the welcome offer. Remember that:
- You must settle your bet in not more than 14 days from the first day of claiming them.
- You cannot use your welcome bonus to place system bets.
- The welcome offer only applies to the initial deposit.
- Mr Play's welcome offer is only for new players and is available once.
- If you deposit using PayPal, Paysafecard, or Neteller, you won't be able to qualify for the welcome offer.
- Mr Play won't include bet tokens in any winnings, and you can't exchange them for real money.
- The winnings you get from your bet token don't have any wagering requirements.
Sports & Betting Markets
When compiling this review, we established that you could wager on more than 20 sports at Mr Play Sports. As heavily emphasised earlier, despite being a bit new, Mr Play offers customers a chance to wager on many sports and events in the United Kingdom and around the globe.
Mr Play's betting markets are pretty impressive. For instance, you can find more than 50 betting markets in football. We noted that popular sports such as rugby, tennis, and cricket, in addition to football, have plenty of betting markets.
You can wager on betting markets such as Over/Under, Next Player to Score, Both Teams to Score, Next Team to Score, Asian Handicap, Toss Winner, and Last Team to Score, among others.
Mr Play recently released a fantastic app that allows its customers to wager while on the go without a browser. However, users who prefer it can still log in using the mobile browser. However, despite the sportsbook's accessibility, we found some bugs that needed fixing before considering the Mr Play app among the best mobile apps available.
While reviewing Mr Play's app, we found the items close together and required a lot of scrolling, which could be problematic when selecting different betting possibilities.
But besides the above, we appreciated the design's simplicity because it made it simple to locate the odds, bets, and events we needed. The app is available for download and free, and you can find them on Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
The desktop features—including the promos, live betting match tracker, in-play data, and sportsbook markets—are also available on the mobile edition.
If you want quick answers to your questions, you may want to head to what we noticed as Mr Play's in-depth FAQ section. Their FAQ section is helpful and intuitive, and you can expect to find answers to several commonly inquired questions.
If you want to speak with a support representative, you can reach them via phone, email, or live chat 7 days a week between 06:00 am and 11:00 pm GMT. However, we didn't find Mr Play's support easy to each. Upon reaching the live agents, we realised that most weren't very knowledgeable, with many repeating their answers.
Sometimes, you may have to wait for a long time before they pick up your call; if they do, some give unclear answers. Based on customer support at Mr Play, we believe there's room for improvement.
We wouldn't recommend Mr Play if it wasn't safe to play there. For UK punters, Mr Play is one of the safest places to play. They operate under a license issued by the UKGC, and you have no worries wagering with them.
Mr Play offers their customers a chance to wager on more than 20 sports. However, as a UK player, you may want to wager on football, tennis, and ATP tennis for some of the best odds.
For a young bookmaker that recently opened for business in 2019, Mr Play's massive choice of sports is something that will impress you, along with competitive odds. However, there's still room for improvement, including their mobile design, the absence of live streaming, and the quality of their customer support.
Overall, Mr Play Sport is up to a good start, bringing the United Kingdom market to a vibrant young brand. If you are an experienced punter, you may want to head elsewhere to find specialised wagers. However, if you're a casual bettor or into everything about football, Mr Play is highly recommended.
So, why don't you sign up at Mr Play Sport today and claim your £10 token? We bet you won't regret it.